View Profile DjAbbic

All 266 Audio Reviews

164 w/ Responses

I know this is a month old by now, but I'd just like to tell you that I hear a lot of potential here. I'll just write down some of my thoughts.

The same melody is used pretty much throughout the track, but there are subtle changes that happen quite often to change it up. However, even when you change it a bit, the melody is still playing in the 'background'. I say 'background' because the melody is quite loud and actually takes over the mix, so it makes the changes harder to notice.

There are ways to fix this, the main way would be volume control. You need to think about which synths you want to stick out more than others, and adjust their volumes accordingly. There are other ways too but I'm sure you'll discover them with time.

That's just the criticism part though, the melodies are very nice and you change it up a lot which is really good for keeping a listener's attention. You have good composition and I think if you continue making music, you'll eventually be making some awesome stuff.

Keep it up! I'll be interested to hear what you come up with next.

keslarium responds:

Thank you sooooo much for your feedback, I'm trying to make another song soon, and btw I love your song Euphoria! It's amazing. btw I subscribed to your youtube because of this comment. Keep making music, because I gotta get inspiration somewhere.

I listened to the original before this just so I had some sort of reference, and I must say this is a really awesome take on the original. I really like the difference in mood compared to the original just by using a piano.

Before the change midway (in..key? Not really sure what the term is), I feel like it could have taken off on another direction and made a story on it's own, but I guess you would've wanted to stay faithful to the original, which is fine. It was just something that I noticed while listening.

Anyway, really enjoyable listen, I feel like as someone who hasn't played the game, I could probably write a story just based on what I'm listening to here. I don't stumble across songs like that often so yeah, good job :p. Keep it up!

I came here looking at the genre and was quite surprised with what I was hit with. Very nice intro, the sliding bass grabbed my interest instantly, and the song doesn't take long to get started. Loving the halloween vibes too.

Like the previous guy said, I found the pause before the last note a bit odd. That's about the only thing I can find fault with. All in all a very good track, keep it up!

Noisysundae responds:

Frankly, the intro is why I keep working on this one. XD

I reckon the reverse crash at the start was a bit loud. Both the intro and the dubstep part are good, but I feel like the dubstep part doesn't really connect to the melodies in the intro/break, it may just be my preferences though.

Aside from that, I reckon this is pretty good. Keep it up!

Ravitex responds:

Thanks for your review!
Well, I kinda agree about the thing that the drop doesn't connect to the melodies. In fact, thats one of my weakness: making a melody.
I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway.

Very nice melodies. I'm not sure if it's intentional that the percussion is drowned out by the synths, but I like it, it has an odd charm to it.

Keep it up!

Gravidi responds:

Thanks man! I'm glad you enjoy it!

The transition into the break and the break itself sounds amazing. I also personally like the bitcrushed bass, although I'm sure others will disagree. I don't really have any ideas so I'l just wish you good luck with finishing this.

I remember how I felt about the original, I thought it was beautiful. Now, 5 years of experience later, I can definitely tell the difference between the original and this. The original no longer feels as great to me, but this edit makes me feel what I felt when I heard the original back then. No complaints.

Keep it up!

D-Chain responds:

thanks Abbic!

The calmer parts were actually really good here, there are some really nice details in there and some of the instruments you used just made me smile. The hard dub part is also decent, but I usually prefer more complexity when it comes to that (not that I can do any better though).

Good job on this, it may not be perfect but I like it :)

It's been a long time coming, but the effort really shows. There is just something so alluring about so many aspects of this. The snare roll, that atmospheric fade at 1:28, that fade in to the main melody at 2:14, the lead you used for the main melody. I can't really describe what it is, because normally I would have an issue with this lead, but it just seems to work so well in this.

I love it. Keep it up!

I can't believe I missed this when you uploaded it. I just heard it in your 2014 compilation, and this is absolutely beautiful, I scouted through each song just to find it. I don't know if I'm able to describe how much I love this, but I hope you'll understand.

One day I'll give a shot at remixing this if you'll let me, and I find it quite ironic how I'm going through a block myself while listening to this song, created during a block. Great job finishing this.

I experiment with a wide range of electronic genres (currently experimenting with complextro). I've been making music since November 2009. I use FL Studio 10 (Producer Edition) for all my productions and I currently use 3xOsc and Sytrus as my main VSTs.

24, Male