View Profile DjAbbic

All 266 Audio Reviews

164 w/ Responses

Woah.

Amazing. Before I reviewed this, I checked out the original, and it's about 6-7 minutes. This is almost 9 minutes, maybe cut out some parts which sound the same? Or shorten the intro? The synth/pad thing you used after the piano was so awesome. Out of curiosity, did you just make a square synth and turn down the freq? Sounds like something I found a while ago. Anyway, nothing less than a 5/5 10/10 for this uber thing. :D

P.S If you find a vocalist, could you leave the voxless version here too? Didn't like the vocals in the original much probably won't like it on this either.

Blizzaine responds:

Actually the one I covered was the original vocal mix which runs around 9:00

The lead is a saw, and a saw pad morphed.

And I probably wont ever get to vocals in this song, as all my project files were lost in a tragic computer crash ;-;

To be honest

The first melody sounds like 'Move it' from Madagasgar (however you spell it) movie lmao. Still, the bassline is awesome, and the progression is good. The things I should point out though, are the kick, claps and snares. The kick, is a bit weak and dry, a really strong punchy kick would do this some awesomeness. The claps, also lack something, not sure what it is but yeah >.> And snares, you need snares :S If you layered snares with your claps then I'm sorry, I'm used to snares that go in: Kick, snare, kick, snare pattern.

Maybe I sounded a bit harsh, sorreh :S

The melodies and hats were really good though. Keep it up :D

shesmackshard responds:

Lol thanks I'll check some of this stuff out! And I think I might layer an 808 on the kick during the busy parts, to make it really punchy.

Forgot about snares haha :D

Ill see what I can do for the final product on the album, but as for newgrounds, this is it until the release of my album :)

thank you again!!

Great

Catchy and great beat, pretty housey to me. Only critic I have is the lead synth is a bit loud, but that's about it.

shesmackshard responds:

You know what bro lmao, I totally meant to put this in House. I was confused by your review at first. Fack.

Thanks for pointing that out man, and thank you for the review. I checked the levels on my 7.1 surround and car audio and sounds how I want it to be, but Ill check them on some monitors sometime this week. Thanks again!

Great

The gate sounds really good, but the crashes and reverse crashes are too loud IMO. Fade in/outs at 1:05 sounded great when the gate follows after, then the piano had a great melody. 2:00 great transition but a bit loud. 2:33 pitch change is nice. 3:06 also a bit loud. Awesome ending was one of the best I've heard in awhile. Grats on this.

DJ-Babokon responds:

Alright. I appreciate your review.

Aha

The intro is longer than the song itself O_o. The kick is a lil messed up in terms of volume, but the melody's good. Fixing up the kick would probably make this awesome, if you make it longer with another melody of course:D

SpazeMusic responds:

Thanks, yeah it's only a demo. I will make the fullversion later when i have time! :)

Woah

Hardstyle, DnB, glitch, gabber, trance, techno, all in 1 song! :D This is amazing, hope other people like this type of music too. Congrats on the awesome piece. Only critique I have atm is maybe make the kick...have more punch than bass? It's like a hardcore gabber headache kick. It still sounds pretty good with it though.

Cheers!
Feel free to criticise my stuff too :)

HNI responds:

i wouldn't say i heard much hardstyle in it, but yeah, i really mixed it up in this one.
Bass is one of the factors that divides hard from soft music IMO, so yeah, bassy kick.
Thanks for the review!
P.S. you found this track pretty quick! nice job

Nice

This, is extremely original and sounds very proffesional. Congrats! After 2:05 it seems just like a lot of your other hardstyle. Hardstyle then a typical trance/techno melody after. But this is amazing nonetheless.

Cheers!

I'm 13 too! :D

This is a great piece, but sadly, not hardstyle. Try listening to TouHou Hardstyle - Bad Apple. THAT is hardstyle. Not saying this is bad, it's really good, my attempts at making hardstyle have also failed, so no probs :)

TouHou Hardstyle - Bad Apple: www.newgrounds.com/ audio/listen/301816 (no space)

Good luck with the rest of your music, feel free to criticise mine :D

Probably the best thing I've heard in awhile at 1:05. Nothing else to comment on though, except the end, the drums fit really well. That's all I've gotta say for the moment :P

Kreepman responds:

haha thanks!

The saw

is too happy for the dark mood the rest of the song sets. Try finding a lower or darker sounding saw and this will be awesome. Maybe one octave lower.

RaREaniMoSiTY responds:

I'll try messing around with it an re-uploading :) thanks

I experiment with a wide range of electronic genres (currently experimenting with complextro). I've been making music since November 2009. I use FL Studio 10 (Producer Edition) for all my productions and I currently use 3xOsc and Sytrus as my main VSTs.

24, Male